Gateway Post-Acute Care at Golden Palms Retirement & Healthcare Center provides superior short-term care to those who are recovering from surgery – such as a hip or knee replacement – or a medical event, such as a stroke or heart attack. Our goal is to get you home as quickly – and safely – as possible. To reach that goal, our dedicated and compassionate team of doctors, nurses and therapists work with you to develop a comprehensive plan of care that takes into account your medical history, current lifestyle, normal daily activities, and your personal goals.
Just some of the procedures we employ at Gateway to help you recover include:
- Rehabilitation therapy
- IV therapy including PICC and central lines
- Specialized menus to enhance healing and stabilization
- Life vest
- Aftercare education for symptom management
- In-home therapy evaluation prior to discharge
- Support groups to aid in transition to home and stabilization while at home
- Outpatient therapy services
Our Gateway team consists of people committed to your success, all of whom have specialized training in meeting the needs of post-acute care patients.
- All nurses are certified in basic life support services and trained to provide complex medical care.
- Specialty physicians include cardiologists, pulmonologists, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitations (PM&R), and two medical directors
- Registered dietitian